Board Members In Attendance:Lions Beverly B., Ken B., Sang, Keith, Jim K., and Richard
Other Club Members In Attendance:Lions Arlene, Joe, Charlotte, Beverly S. and Jim T.
Secretary's Report:The Secretary's Report for the May, 2017 Board Meeting was placed on the Club's blog for everyone to review and comment. No further discussion took place.
Treasurer's Report:Treasurer, Lion Ken B. reported the Club's financial status as follows:
Admin Acct.: May 1, 2017 - $ 3,604.60 June 5, 2017 - $ 3,748.60
Activity Acct: May 1, 2017 - $11,506.18 June 5, 2017 - $ 7,340.64
Other Committee Reports:Membership: No Report
LEOS: No Report.
Visitations: No report
Annual Fund Raiser: President Jim K. reported on the status of preparations for this years "Family Feed and Fun" fund raiser. He now has the adult tickets ($15.00) and has put them together in packets of ten tickets. Club members are urged to pick up tickets and start our sales. Children's tickets will be available soon and their cost will be $7.50.
- The proposed Sponsor letter was available for all those Club Members wishing to use it. This letter can be used as is or modified to fit your style, just be sure the fund raising message is expressed.
- The special event permit has been taken care of.
- Four new banners have been ordered and will be used to advertise our fund raiser in various locations around Upland.
- Electronic sign requests have been submitted to the City of Upland to use the electronic sign located on Euclid near the Library, and the electronic sign at the YMCA, on Foothill, to advertise Upland Host Lions "Family Feed and Fun".
- Live entertainment is still in the process of being arranged.
- Kids activities are still being arranged.
Old Business:The "Hops For Pops 5k Run and Pancake Breakfast" to be held on June 17th, at the Last Name Brewery, at Cable Airport in Upland, received much discussion. The Upland Host Lions volunteer responsibilities has evolved significantly from our originally expressed minimal involvement. We have now become responsible for cooking, cashiering, obtaining permits and who knows what else. President Jim K. has done well, through all the turmoil, in keeping this effort on track. The volunteers, to date, for the "Hops For Pops" are Lions Sang, Keith, Richard, Beverly S., Jim K., Arlene and Terri.
New Business:District New Club Officer Training will be held on Saturday, June 10th at the Brea Scout Center. Expected to attend this training are the new Club President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.
Upland Host Lions 2017/2018 Officer installation will held on June 19th at the Landacena Community Center. District Governor, Bob Suseata will officiate and dinner will be served by The Taco Man. The cost of the meal will be $15.00 for each attendee.
Requests For Donations:A motion was made, seconded and approved to make a $300.00 donation to Life Point Church.
Donations Made:The following donations were made in the month of May, 2017:
- City of Hope - $ 150.00
- BSA Cub Pack 614 - $ 200.00
- BSA Troop 614 - $ 200.00
- BSA Troop 201 - $ 200.00
- Foothill Family Shelter - $ 400.00
- Salvation Army - $ 150.00
- Upland National Little League - $ 200.00
- Upland American Little League - $ 200.00
- Lions Youth Exchange - $ 150.00
- Lions Sight & Hearing Foundation - $ 500.00
- Junior Blind of America - $ 200.00
- Guide Dogs For The Blind - $ 200.00
- Lions In Sight - $ 200.00
- Mercy House - $ 200.00
Next Meeting:The Club's next meeting will be on June 19, 2017, 6:30 PM at the Landacena Community Center. This will be our monthly General Meeting and will be our 2017/2018 Installation of new Club Officers. Officers to be installed will be:
- President - Lion Joey Amaro
- Vice President - Lion Sandra Watts
- Treasurer - Lion Jim Krumwiede
- Secretary - Lion Beverly Sugerman
Adjournment:With no further items for discussion, President Jim K. adjourned this meeting.
Have A Good Month
Lion Keith Krumwiede
Club Secretary - 2016/2017
Telephone: 909 - 240-7909