Other Club Members In Attendance: Lions Beverly, Terri, Arlene, Joe, Charlotte, Pat, Ken M., Jim P., Lois, and Sandi.
Secretary's Report: The March, 2014 Secretary's Monthly Board Meeting Report was published on our blog and sent to all Club Members for their review and comment. A motion was made, seconded and approved to accept the Report as presented.
Treasurer's Report: Treasurer Lion Michael Reported the following status of the Club's finances:
Admin. Fund: March 3, 2014 - $1,592.96 April 7, 2014 - $1,664.48
Act. Fund: March 7, 2014 - $11,716.13 April 7, 2014 - $10509.62
Atria Del Rey Lions Club:
Admin. Fund: March 3, 2014 - $1,024.00 April 7, 2014 - $1,024.00
Act. Fund: March 7, 2014 - $94.00 April 7, 2014 - $94.00
Treasurer Michael, also, reviewed the Club's committed donation budget and stated that we must get these commitments taken care of before the end of this Lion year. We also, have a State Board of Equalization debt of $900.00 (from the Fish Bake) that we must pay from the Activity Fund.
Committee Reports: No visitation has been planned for April. There was no report from the Fish Bake Committee at this time.
- Our Student Speaker, who won the Club and Zone contests, Lost at the Region level contest.
- The Upland Health Fair is scheduled for May 10th. We have the Sight and Hearing Van scheduled to be here on that date and students from the Western University Optical Department will be there to help us man the Van and perform the exams.
- The District 4L-4 final cabinet meeting for the 2013/2014 Lions year will be held at Pomona Valley Mining Company on April 12th. Seven members of our Club plan to attend.
- It has been discussed that Atria Del Rey wanted to change the time and date of their meeting. As of the time of this meeting the Atria Club has decided to keep their original meeting time and day.
- President Kristina passed around a list of officer and committee positions that must be filled for next year. Al members were asked to nominate Club Officers and volunteer for committee positions for the 2014/2015 Club year. The Club will vote for the new Club Officers for 2014/2015 at our meeting on April 21st . Please plan to attend and vote.
- Cooper Museum, in downtown Upland, is planning a car show on Saturday May 17th and have asked for our assistance with parking control. Several members indicated an interest in volunteering to assist the museum.
- 2nd VDG Ken Myers discussed the possibility of holding a dual convention with District 4L-5 in 2016. This proposal will be discussed at the District Cabinet meeting on April 12th.
Donations: The donation to Life Point Church will be made in May. No other new donations were approved at this time.
Next Meeting: Our next meeting will be on Monday, April 21st. An excellent program is planned for that day and Lion Keith will take the annual Club picture for our 2014/2015 Booklet. PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND.
Adjournment: With no further items being brought up for discussion, President Kristina adjourned this Board Meeting.
Minutes Prepared By:
Lion Keith Krumwiede
Club secretary - 2013/2014